**You must be logged in to participate in this Forum**

Already an FF Dynasty Member?  Log in with your Patreon Account

The 1.05 pick roster is weak at RB  

chefbrendanba
(@chefbrendanba)
Active Member FF Dynasty Member
26/07/2018 11:47 pm  

Took over a roster last year and it's weak really at RB with CJ Anderson and Dion Lewis being the best two RB's. Definitely going RB probably first two rounds, will try to snag Nyheim Hines in second or third, Suggestions for that pick in 1 pt. PPR league no TE premium and 1 QB.  I have AB, Larry Fitz, Golden Tate, Edelman and Hogan plus some others at WR.  

ReplyQuote
chefbrendanba
(@chefbrendanba)
26/07/2018 11:53 pm  

Also best podcast out there, you guys are hilarious and were a huge help last season, helped change my drafting style and it made big difference. I'm thinking Deon Cain will be a big surprise this season, I grabbed him in the 7th round in another rookie draft.

ReplyQuote
iamcmyers
(@iamcmyers)
01/08/2018 11:07 pm  

what up chef. sorry the delayed response. thanks for the kind words and signing up for the forum! we are hoping to build a great community on here.

what your league size and what are the starting requirements per positions?

when is your draft and what kind clock are you looking at?   maybe we could give you some live advice when your underway and or on the clock.

depending on which RB is left at 1.5 you should try and trade down and pick up some equity...a lot of different avenues to go down,  we could discuss this on an after show.

ReplyQuote
JayWaynesWorld
(@jaywaynesworld)
02/08/2018 12:18 pm  

Chef,

definitely let us know the answers to Casey's questions and hopefully we can help you out!  I think grabbing Hines in the 2nd is a great plan...trying to trade up in the 1st wouldn't be the worst idea depending on what you have to give up, worst case scenario you can grab Kerryon if the other 4 backs go in front of you (can't really go wrong with Michel or Chubb either).  If you're in complete rebuild mode moving Larry and or Chris Hogan could net you some younger pieces/future draft picks to help turn this team around in the near future.  I love having those guys if I'm trying to make a run at a championship, otherwise I'd be trying to move them.  Might be best to wait to move Chris Hogan til week 2 or 3 of the regular season when he's gobbling up targets in that depleted WR room.  We really appreciate the kind words and the support of the show!

-Jay Wayne

ReplyQuote
chefbrendanba
(@chefbrendanba)
12/08/2018 8:51 pm  

Thanks Jay for getting back to me I had hit you guys up on twitter too and the advice was along the lines of what I was thinking, I ended up going with RoJo (1st. Barkley, 2, guide, 3 Penny, 4th was Chubb) at 1.5.  I didn't go Michel because I already have Burkhead, Hogan and Edelman but couldn't snag Hines in the second he went a couple picks ahead of me, I picked up Jordan Wilkins in the 4th and Lamar Jackson in the 2nd as Rivers was my only starting QB I had on my roster, probably could have waited till the third for Jackson after seeing how the draft went but QB's normally go early with the some of the guys in my league so I reached.  I usually go very late with QB's, but I think Jackson was best available at 2.5 for what I needed which is RB in QB. I wasn't able to trade any picks or move up or down.  In fact there were no trades during the draft in this league.  Really hoping you guys get more activity on here

ReplyQuote
chefbrendanba
(@chefbrendanba)
13/08/2018 12:09 am  

To answer Casey's questions.

12 team league 25 roster spots, I inherited a roster last season middle of the pack roster, it's 1 point ppr. Original roster was very weak at RB and QB. League starts the following

1QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 2WR/RB/TE, 1 WR/RB, 1 WR/TE, K, Def, (I hope we move away from K and def)

Current Roster after the draft

P. Rivers, T. Bridgewater, L. Jackson

CJ Anderson, D. Lewis, RoJo, D. Foreman, J. Wilkins, J. Allen, J Hill, C West

A. Brown, L Fitz, J Edelman, C Hogan, P Garcon, G Tate, A. Darboh, D. Cain

Kyle Rudolph, Jake Butt

then carried the kickers and defenses I had last year

ReplyQuote
JayWaynesWorld
(@jaywaynesworld)
13/08/2018 10:37 am  

Chef, I really like that Jordan Wilkins pick up in the 4th almost as much as I dislike that Lamar Jackson pick in the 2nd 🙂  I'm sure Cory loves that I just can't get behind him (to a fault maybe, I just don't believe in his ability to play the position but if he gets a chance and flashes some you could move him for a profit so I don't hate it).  Wilkins looked pretty good late in his first preseason action, he could be primed to take over that spot especially if Mack can't get healthy and Turbin out for 4 games with the PEDs.  He's a solid all around back who could be the only healthy option for early down work.  I think we would have all had to go Kerryon over Rojo with that 5th pick but if Rojo is your guy I can't blame you, he's certainly electric if he can pass protect and get on the field he's going to score points for sure.  Thanks for hitting us back man let us know if you got any more questions.

V/R,

Jay Wayne

ReplyQuote
chefbrendanba
(@chefbrendanba)
13/08/2018 8:18 pm  

Thanks for getting back, I was thinking maybe go Kerryon at 5 but with Matty P in his first year as a HC and that Lions backfield being such a big question mark and could be a big committee I just couldn't pull trigger.  I had Abdullah and he was a flop, I felt Rojo was the best option to get points right away.  I was hoping I could have moved back and grab freeman (I think the Tahoe will will be really good for Denver and grabbed him in another league) or Johnson, I just couldn't warrant grabbing Johnson at the 5th pick.  I was hoping Chubb or Penny were going to fall the 5th pick but it didn't happen.  Michel I think will do well but being a lifelong Pats fan I know it would a committee and team specific game plans which would make Michel a roll coaster for points during the season.  I'm not a huge fan of TB but I'm hoping Rojo is a better talent than Doug Martin, but the pass catching worries me.  Guice I'm glad he was going to go 1.2 or 1.3 because I'm not touching that Redskins backfield plus now he is on IR.  That was my thinking of going with Rojo at 1.5 since I wasn't able to move up or down in the draft, very few trades take place in this league or the offers are just horrible.  Like I put Antonio Brown up on the trading block and the best offer I got was Jimmy Graham and 2019 2nd, just ridiculous for the best WR in the league.  By the way dropped you guys a review on I-tunes and I'll sign up for patreon in the coming days.  Would like to see you guys make it big.  Your show is so much better and way more entertaining than anything else out there.  Far better than the mainstream podcasts.  Keep it up love the show!!!  By the way I'm really pissed Deon Cain blew his ACL, I thought he was going to be a big surprise this season.  I'm gonna say too keep your eyes on Ralph Webb, we might be a practice squad guy this year but he could be another Dion Lewis type RB to come out of NE next season 

ReplyQuote
chefbrendanba
(@chefbrendanba)
13/08/2018 8:24 pm  

Also when it comes to Lamar Jackson, his foot work and accuracy worries me, but he's and incredible athlete and with James Urban as his QB coach I think he has a shot to become something in the NFL.  Urban did coach McNabb and Vick and if it doesn't work at QB and decides to changes positions who knows.  Either way I needed a QB bad and with his rushing ability I think he could be a middle level QB from a fantasy points perspective.  I was going to grab Rosen in the 3rd but he went just before  I could get him

ReplyQuote
JayWaynesWorld
(@jaywaynesworld)
05/09/2018 2:45 pm  

Hey man wanted to follow up with you...at least Lamar showed some improvement in the 3rd & 4th weeks of the preseason...he's still not ready but the athleticism like you said is undeniable and he will be a solid trading piece for a while since everyone is so enamored with him.  Thanks for all the support of the show man we really appreciate it!

-Jay Wayne

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register